BERN TWP., Pa. - The finishing touches are being put on the Reading Fair at the fairgrounds in Bern Township.
The fair starts at 1 p.m. Sunday, and it runs through next weekend.
Craft vendors and food trucks were getting into place Friday. Animals for the livestock exhibits will start arriving Saturday.
Organizers said there's something for everyone.
"There's a lot of new vendors out there this year, food concessions. We're standing in the grange cookery right now and this is where the all Pennsylvania Dutch cooking takes place," said David Zerbe, vice president, Reading Fair.
Wednesday night is kids night at the fair; Thursday is Latino night.
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts