SINKING SPRING, Pa. - Firefighters have gotten control of a fire at a funeral home in Sinking Spring.
The fire was reported shortly before 10 a.m. at the Bean Funeral Home, 3825 Penn Ave.
Initial reports from the scene were that flames were coming from the roof of the building. Firefighters managed to make quick work of the blaze, containing much of it to a chimney, officials said.
Fire police were dispatched to direct traffic around the area because of the large number of fire apparatus on Penn Avenue.
There were no reports of injuries.
Investigators have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
The Pennsylvania attorney general's office is asking the judge who sentenced former congressional aide Tim Smith for a harsher sentence.Read More »
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Person of interest sought in shooting of 2 men in Reading
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Updated Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Woman reportedly arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- Life Lessons: Nursery product-related injuries rising
- Some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway