HEIDELBERG TWP., Pa. - Firefighters from two counties battled a barn fire near Robesonia Friday night.
Intense flames engulfed the barn on Quarry Road in Heidelberg Township around 8 p.m.
The owner of the barn was using a skid loader to load hay, and officials said they think a spark or the hot exhaust ignited a hay bail, causing the fire.
The barn was filled with hay, which caused the fire to spread quickly, firefighters said. Water had to be brought to the scene in tanker trucks.
Fire crews from Berks and Lebanon counties were on scene until about 2:45 a.m. Saturday.
No one was injured.
Parents who have kids in the Governor Mifflin School District spoke out Thursday night at a community forum and town hall-style meeting, as the district looked to take the conversation off social media and bring it face-to-face with parents.Read More »
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Man accused of embezzling more than $400K from employer
- Reading High School to install new, HD security cameras
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Commissioner: Pa. plans to eliminate county-owned homes
- Franklin Street Station on track for opening of gastropub
- Parkland schools closed after fire tears through bus garage
- Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub
- PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses
- Check in with Eve Russo and baby Maeve
- Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night
- Updated Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns