READING, Pa. - A fire damaged a vacant home in Reading.Map: Fire on North 10th Street in Reading
The blaze was reported shortly before 6 p.m. inside the home at 40 North 10th Street, between Court and Walnut streets.
The fire appears to have started in the basement and spread through the first floor, according to officials on the scene.
Items inside the home, they said, helped to fuel the fire.
There were no reports of injuries.
The city fire marshal's office is searching for the cause.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather