READING, Pa. - A two-alarm fire damaged a row of homes in Reading on Monday.
The first call went out around 5:30 p.m. for multiple reports of a house on fire at 748 North Ninth Street, between Douglass and Oley streets.
The first fire officials on the scene quickly struck a second alarm, bringing in firefighters from the suburbs to help battle the blaze. They fought the fire from both the front and the back of the homes.
Met-Ed was also asked to send a crew to the scene for live power lines that fell in the area.
There were no reports of injuries.
- New Congressional districts present challenges for Berks leaders
- Penn State Berks tops among campuses in 2018 THON fundraiser
- Police prepping drivers for roundabout at Routes 222, 662
- Pa. court's new congressional map has big impact on Berks
- Pa. GOP to take newly-released congressional map to court
- Pa. court issues new congressional map for 2018 elections
- What the new congressional map means for the Lehigh Valley
- Updated 'We're not joking around here, Ed' and other tidbits heard in pay-to-play trial
- Morning dense fog gives way to warm sunshine later today
- Updated Styx, Joan Jett to headline Musikfest opening night
- Baby Maeve gets some life lessons from dad
- Pay-to-play defense witnesses testify mayor not directly involved in bidding process
- Upper Macungie police use donation to start child fingerprint, DNA registry
- Hockey players on a mission of hope
- Bethlehem Township updating ordinances
- Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision