FLEETWOOD - The last time the Fleetwood girls basketball team was in the state tournament, Jimmy Carter was president in a Cold War United States, McDonalds introduced the Happy Meal and Star Trek: The Motion Picture made it's world premiere. The Year? 1979.
35 roaring years later, the Cold War is over, Happy Meals are still popular, Chris Pine has replaced William Shatner as James T. Kirk and the Tigers are back in the PIAA field, making the most of it.
Matt Kellett's team tallied an opening round upset over Radnor on Saturday. Next up, Holy Redeemer out of District 2 on Wednesday.
The Tigers are riding all kinds of momentum heading into this one, spurred by both the team and the community.
Tip-off is at 7:30 Wednesday night at Martz Hall in Pottsville.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Scott Kingery named Eastern League Player of the Week
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot bone in sneaker
- Updated DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Updated 3 white men, 2 white woman seated for Cosby jury
- Updated Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Updated PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Updated Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Updated Penn State trustees to weigh changes to Greek system
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Updated District attorney investigates deadly police-involved shooting in Allentown