SINKING SPRING, Pa. - Family and friends came together this weekend to pay tribute to a beloved Berks County firefighter who died after a long fight with brain cancer.
69 News was in Sinking Spring Saturday morning for a solemn ceremony honoring Ronald "Moose" Wentzel.
Wentzel's name was added to the borough's Hero's Memorial.
Wentzel served as deputy chief with the Reading Fire Department. He also was a police officer and E-M-T.
He died in January, two years after being diagnosed with brain cancer.
- Health Beat: 5 ways to protect your eyes from aging
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients