ALSACE TWP., Pa. - Friends of a man who lost his life during an argument with another man early Friday morning are working to raise money to cover his funeral expenses.
Timothy Reber was shot and killed outside his girlfriend's home on Beckers Road in Alsace Twp., Berks Co.
"We are all still mourning the death of his mother just six months earlier," said Jesse Anthony. "My friends and I have set up a website and plan to do various fundraisers to help his younger sister, Brittany, with the funeral costs. No child should pay to bury their mother and brother."
The friends have also established a Facebook page in Reber's memory.
State police identified Robert Pfanders as a suspect in Reber's killing.
Pfanders, 25, of Boyertown, confronted Reber about an argument Reber had with his girlfriend Thursday night, said police, who added that Pfanders then pulled out a handgun and shot Reber.
Pfanders is facing charges of criminal homicide and first degree murder.
- Updated Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire