PHILADELPHIA - The Fightin Phils are off to a strong 5-2 start this season. Reading took the series opener in Harrisburg Thursday. The addition of Cesar Hernandez to the Fightins roster could mean more bad news for the Senators.
The move comes in the wake of Freddy Galvis' activation from the 15-day disabled list.
Filling in for Galvis, Hernandez got some playing time with the Phillies. Most of that came at second base when Chase Utley was out of the lineup.
Galvis has been working his way back from a MRSA infection picked up at spring training. The utility man will add defensive depth to the Phillies bench.
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- New Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall