EXETER TWP., Pa. - Leaking gas from a struck line forced the evacuation of a Walmart store in Berks County on Monday.
The incident happened around 7:45 a.m. at the store at 5900 Perkiomen Ave. in Exeter Township.
A forklift operator hit a gas line inside the store, which caused the gas leak, officials said.
The store was evacuated for about an hour.
No one was injured.
- Updated Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire