Berks

Girl, 3, burned by dropped lasagna, flown to hospital

Girl, 3, burned by dropped lasagna, flown to hospital

MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - A 3-year-old girl was flown to a hospital Monday morning after being burned in a freak accident.

The girl's grandmother was retrieving lasagna from a microwave in a home in the Hyde Park section of Muhlenberg Twp., Berks Co., when she accidentally dropped the hot food on her granddaughter's head, police said.

The girl was driven to an urgent care center, but medical personnel there decided her injuries required more advanced treatment and called 911 for an ambulance, officials said.

Paramedics, in turn, decided the girl should be flown to a hospital and called for a medical helicopter to meet them on the parking lot of the nearby Fairgrounds Square Mall, officials said.

The girl was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest for treatment.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102

31°F

Few Clouds

TONIGHT

24°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom