READING, Pa. - Some Berks County Girl Scouts have very cute patients to practice their first aid skills on.
Girls from Brownie Troop 16-48 took a tour of Saint Joseph Medical Center Monday night.
After getting a lesson in first aid, the girls got to test out their new skills on their favorite stuffed animals.
"Instead of doing it on themselves, it's good to practice on something they're comfortable with, and then they'll understand it a little bit more," said Marie Smith.
The girls are working on their first aid badges.
They also got to look at x-rays of broken bones, see the pediatric unit and more.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem