LEESPORT - Sophie Goad's overtime goal lifted Schuylkill Valley (1-0, 5-1) past Berks Catholic, 2-1, on Monday night in Leesport.
It was Goad's second goal of the game. Her first came in the second half to tie the game at 1 off an assist from Kirstyn Boltz.
The Saints (0-1, 5-2) scored midway through the first half when Taylor Coleman put one in off a corner kick. But B.C. allowed two unanswered goals after that.
An accident involving two tractor trailers closed a stretch of one of Berks County's busiest highways for several hours Wednesday.Read More »
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Person of interest sought in shooting of 2 men in Reading
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Updated Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Updated Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Updated More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Meet Jim Kane, space race computer programmer
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees