EARL TWP., Pa. - A fundraiser has been launched to help the victims of a devastating fire in Berks County.
Relatives have set up a GoFundMe account for an Earl Township couple who lost their home in the 100 block of Schoolhouse Road last Wednesday. The couple's two pet dogs were also killed.
Family members said the victims are heartbroken, and they had no insurance to cover the loss.
"It was a big loss for them," said Justin Endy, the couple's son. "They were there pretty much their whole lives… it's just a pile of rubble now."
- Hundreds celebrate St. Patrick's Day aboard the Colebrookdale Railroad
- Reading to hold Craft Time in the Pagoda
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- From restaurants to rails, St. Patrick's Day fun for all
- PSU president meets with community leaders in Reading
- Updated Mom: Amy Yu still in hospital, will attend KidsPeace
- Updated Tractor-trailer rolls on Route 33 ramp to I-78
- Updated Sunshine followed by clouds Monday, with highs in the mid 40s
- Local artist commemorates Eagles Championship Parade with unique print
- Family, neighbors react to Amy Yu's return to Allentown, Kevin Esterly's arrest
- Truck driving groups sue over turnpike toll increases
- Life Lessons: Fighting cancer with a warrior attitude
- Person on motorized wheelchair hit by car in Easton
- Fire tears through home in Moore Township
- 2 injured in DUI crash in Berks County