READING, Pa. - A group in Berks County is helping people with medical conditions and injuries sleep a little better.
Abilities in Motion gave away hospital beds to those in need in Reading on Tuesday. The group partnered with the Samaritan's Purse organization to collect the beds.
69 News caught up with one recipient, who said he is looking forward to a good night's sleep.
"A lot of times I end up walking through the house and jumping into my recliner and trying to get comfortable wherever I can," said Bill Davenport.
Abilities in Motion said it gave away between 40 and 50 beds Tuesday.
- Updated Periods of snow through early Wednesday: 3-6 inches north, 1-3 inches south
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Updated Wreck closes eastbound I-78 in Berks County
- Bethlehem Township preparing to oppose PennEast Pipeline
- Emmaus unhappy with trash hauler
- Muhlenberg Township appoints school liaison
- Animal shelters working to cope with surge in cats
- First responders readying for snowfall
- Flu hitting Berks early and hard
- Evacuated Bethlehem residents hope they will be able to return home