HAMBURG - The Hamburg football team returns a few weapons on offense this season that should help the Hawks contend within Berks II.
One key returner is 1,000-yard rusher Joey Raffensperger. He was one of two Hamburg tailbacks to rush for 1,000 yards last season. But Montay Berger, the other one, has moved away from the area.
Also back is quarterback Joey Cominsky. As a sophomore, Cominsky led a very good Hawks offense. After missing last season with an injury, Cominsky hopes to get the offense to that same level.
Hamburg will host ELCO on Friday night.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying