HAMBURG, Pa. - Two teachers at Hamburg Area High School are in the fight of their lives. Their students decided to respond in a special way.
Hundreds of students gave their time, effort and skills in an elaborate, one-take music video to Rachel Platten's hit, 'Fight Song.'
"There was a lot of work put into it," said sophomore Adam Palko. "I did mostly the music production."
"I helped move the camera around during the actual filming," said senior Stephen Eperhardt.
"I was the director and kind of the creator of everything," said senior Yaliza Pagan.
Tina Argot is a longtime math teacher who's currently undergoing chemotherapy. She was on hand for the filming, and it meant everything to the students.
"I was in awe of how much they care about my fight with cancer," said Argot.
"The night before, I was so excited," Agot said. "For the first time in a while, I was really looking forward to the next day. It wasn't a day of hospital visits or doctors appointments. I was genuinely excited and happy, and I haven't felt that way in a long time."
Argot isn't the only teacher at Hamburg fighting cancer. Christine Ryan, a beloved music teacher, is also recovering from complications relating to a brain surgery. This video is also for her.
"Dr. Ryan changed so many lives," said Eperhardt. "She's touched so many people's hearts, and so has Mrs. Argot, so it's really nice to be able to show them that they appreciate the fight that they show us. We're here with them."
You can click on the YouTube link below to watch the students' video in its entirety.
Parents who have kids in the Governor Mifflin School District spoke out tonight at a community forum and town hall-style meeting, as the district looked to take the conversation off social media and bring it face-to-face with parents.Read More »
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Man accused of embezzling more than $400K from employer
- Reading High School to install new, HD security cameras
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Commissioner: Pa. plans to eliminate county-owned homes
- Franklin Street Station on track for opening of gastropub
- Updated Parkland schools closed after fire tears through bus garage
- Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub
- Updated Chilly today with more rain, some ice to the north
- Updated PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses
- Man critical after being shot in the face in Allentown
- Updated Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night