The K-9 partner of the Berks County sheriff's deputy who died in the line of duty has moved a step closer to receiving a national award.
Jynx, the K-9 who worked with Kyle Pagerly, has advanced to the finals in this year's American Humane Association Hero Dog contest.
Pagerly died during a gunbattle in Albany Township in June 2011.
"Jynx" tried to pull his partner out of harm's way during the shooting.
You can help Jynx bring home the award by voting online at www.herodogawards.org.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe