READING - Anthony Hewitt came through with a bases loaded RBI single in the bottom of the 9th, and the Reading Fightin Phils (3-2) defeated the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, 6-5, on Tuesday night at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Brock Stassi tied the game at 5 earlier in the 9th on a double to deep right center.
Reading took a 2-0 lead in the 2nd inning, with one of the runs coming off a solo homer from Tommy Joseph, his first long ball of the season.
But Jesse Biddle could not hold the lead, allowing a 3-run blast to Kenny Wilson in the 3rd. Biddle went 7 innings, allowing 4 runs and struck out 6 for the no decision in his 2nd start of the year.
The series will wrap up Wednesday night in Baseballtown at 6:35.
A Berks County congressman is joining some of his fellow lawmakers in working to find solutions to human trafficking.Read More »
- Police ID suspect in shooting of man in Reading
- Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- Oley student killed, brother injured in crash in Ruscombmanor
- Quaker Maid plant mural to portray images unique to Reading
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Updated Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking