READING, Pa. - The Reading Fightin Phils walked-off with a 7-5 victory over the Altoona Curve on Wednesday night. Anthony Hewitt was the hero in the ninth inning, blasting a three-run home run.
Both teams combined for six home runs, but Hewitt's was the biggest in the ninth to give Reading its third straight win. It was Hewitt's first round-tripper of the season.
Cameron Rupp blasted his seventh long ball of the year for Reading.
The Fightins will look to polish off a four-game sweep of the Curve on Thursday at 11:35 AM.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Local libraries fight to survive budget cuts
- Berks man who turned life around giving back to Humane Society
- Legendary coach honored at Kutztown Area High School
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22