POTTSVILLE - The Holy Redeemer girls defeated Fleetwood on Wednesday night, 54-39, in the second round of the PIAA AAA tournament at Martz Hall in Pottsville.
Redeemer took control right away and didn't look back, getting out to a 19-6 lead after the first quarter.
Cyre Virgo led the way for the Tigers, scoring 12 points. Kendra Bamberger scored 8 points in her final game with Fleetwood.
The Tigers finished the year 24-5 and made the state tournament for the first time since 1979.
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in
- Berks businesses honored as 'People's Choice' leaders
- PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philadelphia
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges