A man accused of killing a charter school student is heading to trial.
A preliminary hearing was held Thursday for Jose Reyes-Diaz.
All of the charges against him were held for court, except for one.
Reyes-Diaz is accused of shooting and killing Ramon Rosario Evangelista, 21, outside the A-Town Cafe in the area of 10th and Elm streets in Reading last November.
Two other people were also shot.
Reyes-Diaz was arrested in Rhode Island in December.
He's facing a number of charges, including first and third-degree murder, attempted murder and aggravated assault.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog