READING, Pa. - Mickey Mouse and many of his Disney friends will be returning to Berks County in the new year.
"We are delighted to collaborate with Red Light Management to bring some of Disney Junior's biggest hit series to the stage for kids and families nationwide to enjoy in a truly immersive concert experience," said Jennifer Rogers-Doyle, the vice president of franchise management for Disney Channels Worldwide.
The "interactive concert" in Reading will be on April 25, when hosts Dee and Jay and the DJ Dance Squad welcome Mickey, Minnie and other Disney Junior characters onto the SPAC stage.
They'll perform songs from several of the TV channel's series, including "Mickey and the Roadsters," "Sofia the First," "Elena of Avalor," "Doc McStuffins," and "The Lion Guard."
"The 'Disney Junior Dance Party On Tour' is going to be the premiere family concert event of the year and for many years to come," said executive tour producer Jonathan Shank. "Parents and children are going to truly love this show. There are new songs, greatest hits and some mashups, which are really fun!"
Tickets and VIP meet-and-greet packages went on sale for Disney Visa cardholders at noon Wednesday. Pre-sales for Disney Junior Facebook will begin at 10 a.m. next Tuesday, November 14. Tickets to the general public will go on sale November 17.
VIP packages include an after-party and meet-and-greet sessions following each performance.
Parents who have kids in the Governor Mifflin School District spoke out Thursday night at a community forum and town hall-style meeting, as the district looked to take the conversation off social media and bring it face-to-face with parents.Read More »
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Man accused of embezzling more than $400K from employer
- Reading High School to install new, HD security cameras
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Commissioner: Pa. plans to eliminate county-owned homes
- Franklin Street Station on track for opening of gastropub
- Parkland schools closed after fire tears through bus garage
- Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub
- Updated PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses
- Check in with Eve Russo and baby Maeve
- Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night
- Updated Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns