In the event your electricity goes out, here's where to turn.
PPL customers can call 1-800-342-5775 to report an outage or go to pplelectric.com/outage.
For those who get their power from Met Ed/JCP&L, the number to call for an outage is 1-888-544-4877 or firstenergycorp.com.
The outage links work on smartphones.
PPL officials say the utility is getting ready for the storm.
"We take every storm seriously and prepare so that we can respond effectively and safely to our customers," said David Bonenberger, vice president of Distribution Operations for PPL Electric Utilities. "With each storm, we've improved our systems and refined our processes. We'll do all we can to keep our customers and the public informed."
PPL says it has 100 utility workers from its sister utilities in Kentucky who should arrive Friday afternoon to help with power restoration efforts, if needed.
A Berks County congressman is joining some of his fellow lawmakers in working to find solutions to human trafficking.Read More »
- Police ID suspect in shooting of man in Reading
- Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- Oley student killed, brother injured in crash in Ruscombmanor
- Quaker Maid plant mural to portray images unique to Reading
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Updated Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking