After hurricanes devastated Puerto Rico, representatives of Reading-based Humane Pennsylvania headed south to coordinate animal rescue efforts.
Morgan Raneiri, an animal care technician for the Humane Society of Berks County, is in Florida to help get supplies to Puerto Rico and pets off the island.
The Humane Society is transporting several pets from Puerto Rico to Berks County, and they will soon be available for adoption.
To make room for the pets in need, the Humane Society is running a special this month, called the "Free to a Great Home" program.
Throughout October, all cats one year and older are free to adopt. The same adoption policies still apply but all fees are waived.
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Updated Man arrested for robbing Allentown Dominoes at gunpoint
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Rainy weather continues this weekend
- Updated Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Updated Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Updated Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Updated Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting
- Sarah McNary talks personal color analysis