STRASBURG TWP., Pa. - Hear their prayers, feel their silence, and see the Strasburg Township, Lancaster County community rise up.
Hundreds bowed their heads and sang from their hearts at a vigil following a horrific double-murder suicide inside a burning home in the township Tuesday morning. Police said 40-year-old Caola Arnau was found with a gunshot wound to her head. They also discovered the bodies of her 10-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son.
"All the pastors came together and felt that we needed to respond in some way that takes people's attention away from just the tragedy," said Tom Meyers, Pastor of High View Church. "The explanation really is helping people focus on Christ."
One of the messages at the vigil was even though we may live in a world that we sometimes don't understand, the focus must be on faith and one of the pillars of Christianity: forgiveness.
"Forgiveness is seen more than it is heard from," Meyers said.
All eyes were on the surviving father, Miguel. The emotions in his face were visible and so visceral, just like many others in the crowd. His 10-year-old girl Bella, would have turned 11 this weekend. He poignantly made one request of the crowd: that they all sing 'Happy Birthday' to Bella.
- BARTA suspends evening bus service; Bieber buses also idled
- Some Reading garages opened for free parking during storm
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (3 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (2 p.m.)
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- DA to hold news conference on violent drug trafficking group
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (4 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: Jeff Bolden's 69 News Traffic Report (5 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Allentown
- Updated Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (5 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (5 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (5 p.m.)
- Updated Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts
- Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election