RICHMOND TWP., Pa. - A Reading man was seriously injured in a crash that slowed traffic on Route 222 in Berks County.
The accident happened shortly before 10:30 p.m. in front of the Berkleigh Golf Club on Route 222 near Schuler Road in Richmond Township, just south of Kutztown.
Roberto Claudio-Esteves was unable to stop for slowing traffic in the southbound lane and struck the car in front of him, according to Fleetwood police.
Claudio-Esteves, 20, of Reading, crawled out of his vehicle and lay down on the road until paramedics arrived, police said. He was then flown to the trauma center at Reading Hospital.
The occupants of the other car were not reported to have been injured.
Police said traffic in the area was limited to one lane until the scene could be cleared.
Traffic on that stretch of Route 222 has been more congested than usual because of the ongoing construction of a roundabout at the Route 662 intersection.
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)
- Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (4 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (3 p.m.)
- Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (2 p.m.)
- New Snowfall totals so far
- Updated Pennsylvania National Guard soldiers ready to help in storm
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)