FLEETWOOD, Pa. - One of two men sought in connection with the scamming of a Fleetwood, Berks Co., homeowner is now in custody.
Jerry Allen, 31, of Interior Motives Renovations, was hired to build a sun room on the victim's house for $5,800 in March.
After receiving a down payment, Allen began the project, but during demolition, Allen damaged the siding on the house. Allen asked for more money for materials.
A day later, the victim told police Allen tried to change the specs on the project and promised to refund the man's money if he didn't like the changes.
However, when the victim tried to get his money back, Allen never returned his calls.
In April, the same man was allegedly scammed in another home improvement project by a different contractor, Mark Kowalski of Kowalski Construction.
Arrest warrants were issued for both Allen and Kowalski on July 1.
Palmer Township police took Allen into custody Wednesday night in Northampton County.
Allen waived extradition to Berks County and was arraigned at 3:30 a.m. Thursday.
He's charged with theft and felony violations of the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act.
He was sent to the Berks County Jail on $25,000 cash bail.
Kowalski remains at large.
Reading is preparing to welcome the return of Miranda Lambert for what may end up being another sold-out concert at the Santander Arena.Read More »
- Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Berks Encore granted share of $2M from Pennsylvania Lottery
- In-home care provider expands to Berks; 25 jobs to be added
- RACC to open satellite location at Wilson school
- Sinking Spring man charged in case of road rage
- Mohnton man ordered to prison in theft of power tools
- Updated Man stabs wife, stepdaughter in car in Allentown
- Updated Van rear-ends box truck on Route 222
- Updated Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- Updated Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Updated Attorney general says costs related to Kane reached $3.6M
- Updated Oreo, Peeps team up for new cookie flavor
- Health Beat: Stem cell therapy for osteoarthritis
- Police arrest alleged gunman in pizza delivery stick-up
- Updated Lehigh County executive gives State of the County
- 'Very few' tickets remain for Miranda Lambert in Reading