READING, Pa. - Philadelphia Phillies pitching prospect Jesse Biddle's short-term status is uncertain after he aggravated a quad injury in his return to the mound in Reading.
Biddle was removed in the fourth inning of Saturday's loss to Binghamton.
He is considered day-to-day, and the team is unsure of whether he'll be able to make his next start.
For Biddle, this is just the latest in a string of misfortunes this year. In May, he suffered a concussion after getting hit in the head by a piece of ice during a hailstorm in Berks County.
In June, after struggling on the mound, the Phillies sent him away from the team in an effort to clear his head.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Updated 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR