WYOMISSING, Pa. - A legendary drummer is part of Berks Jazz Fest.
Steve Smith, the former drummer of Journey, is playing Friday night. We caught up with Smith as he was preparing for his performance with his band, Vital Information NYC Edition.
Smith said Berks Jazz Fest may be small, but it's one of his favorite places to perform.
"Well, I've played, for instance, like JFK Stadium. It, I think, it holds about 90,000 people. And this a very different kind of situation, playing in a small jazz room where there's a lot of attention to detail, and I like that."
Smith is playing at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. at Gerald Veasley's Jazz Base in the Crowne Plaza in Wyomissing.
- Updated Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire