READING - Forward Julien Cayer has signed with the Reading Royals. Cayer was a part of the team's Kelly Cup championship last season.
Cayer is the eighth player announced as signed by the Royals.
Cayer, who hails from Longueuil, Quebec, played fifty-five games for the Royals last season, forty-nine during the regular season and six of the twenty-two it took for Reading to capture the Kelly Cup. He initially secured a spot on the Royals' opening day roster after an eye-catching, energy-filled performance during pre-season training camp. Cayer earned the team's ‘Heart Award' by playing that same way for 49 regular season games with Reading, recording nine points (3g-6a) and forty-five penalty minutes—and playing to a plus-10 (+10) in those games. Cayer's first goal as a pro came in his thirty-ninth game with the team when he scored what proved to be the game winner in a 3-0 victory over the Orlando Solar Bears at the Sovereign Center on March 8, 2013.
A judge has denied an emergency request to reopen a beloved bowling alley in Berks County.Read More »
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Last day for Bowl-O-Rama? 'It'll be a shame'
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Penske Truck Leasing unveils mobile app for customers
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Berks judge hears arguments on closing of Bowl-O-Rama
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- Stack goes to work without police escort; Wolf mum on reason
- LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown