READING, Pa. - For as cold as its been at FirstEnergy Stadium through the first month of the season, Kenny Giles has brought plenty of heat. The flamethrower has been so impressive that he's earned the promotion to AAA Lehigh Valley.
The move was announced Friday as the Fightins lose their lights out closer. He had 7 saves and a 1.20 ERA with 29 strikeouts over 15 innings pitched.
But when a team has a guy throwing 101 on the farm, and a bullpen as suspect as the Phillies',he won't be in AA-ball for long.
Fellow reliever Kyle Simon has also earned a call-up to the IronPigs. Righty Colton Murray joins Reading from Clearwater.
Sunoco Logistics Partners said there's so much interest in its plans to build a natural gas liquids pipeline across southern Pennsylvania that the company will actually build two pipelines.Read More »
- Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Reading parents vent frustrations over safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today; close to records Friday
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill