READING, Pa. - For as cold as its been at FirstEnergy Stadium through the first month of the season, Kenny Giles has brought plenty of heat. The flamethrower has been so impressive that he's earned the promotion to AAA Lehigh Valley.
The move was announced Friday as the Fightins lose their lights out closer. He had 7 saves and a 1.20 ERA with 29 strikeouts over 15 innings pitched.
But when a team has a guy throwing 101 on the farm, and a bullpen as suspect as the Phillies',he won't be in AA-ball for long.
Fellow reliever Kyle Simon has also earned a call-up to the IronPigs. Righty Colton Murray joins Reading from Clearwater.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Updated 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR