LOWER ALSACE TWP., Pa. - Golfers from Berks County took a successful swing at raising money for The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
The folks from Klinger's on Carsonia in Lower Alsace Township hosted a golf benefit in September, and Tuesday, the restaurant presented a check to CHOP for $5,600.
The event was done in honor of Nicholas Klinger. He passed away at the age of five after getting care from the hospital for about two years.
"It's just so touching to the heart knowing that so many people care, and not just about our child, but, kids should not have to go through this. It's just a horrible disease," said Marlin Klinger.
Organizers said they plan to make the golf benefit an annual event.
The Oley Valley High School baseball team honored a fallen teammate on Friday.Read More »
- Garner's grand slam propels Blazers in District 3 opener
- Local PIAA Track and Field top finishers
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Umpire remembers crash victim as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- New Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- New Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Updated Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Updated Shortage of elder care workers a cause for concern
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison