BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - The Kutztown University has gone through a tough stretch as of late. The Golden Bears have lost two consecutive close games to nationally ranked teams.
Things may not get better if starting quarterback Kevin Morton can't suit up against West Chester on Saturday.
Morton was knocked out of last week's game against Bloomsburg in the second half with a separated shoulder and is doubtful for Saturday's game.
But the Golden Bears are making sure they prep backup quarterback Josh Luckenbaugh, who showed some promise when he came in last week, throwing for 194 yards and two touchdowns.
Head coach Raymond Monica is preparing for the worst and is not afraid to go with Luckenbaugh if he has to.
So there's KU, but how about Albright.
The Lions are out to a 3-0 start to their season. They'll look to make that 4-0 when Lycoming rolls into town this weekend.
Albright has been tested early on. The Lions have had to dig deep for each victory.
The team says it's this kind of toughness and resiliency that will make it a contender all season.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival