KUTZTOWN, Pa. - The Kutztown University baseball team is putting together its own version of May Madness. The Golden Bears made a cinderalla run to capture the PSAC Championship. Now it's on to the NCAA Atlantic Regionals in their own backyard.
The Golden Bears have been selected to host the tournament at Owls Field in West Lawn. KU has been awarded the 6th seed and will face top-seeded Millersville in the first round on Thursday. That is a rematch of the PSAC championship game.
Despite the low seed, KU is excited to be in the field and playing so close to home.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Local libraries fight to survive budget cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored at Kutztown Area High School
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22