KUTZTOWN, Pa. - The Kutztown University softball team received a police escort and fireworks for their return to Berks County. The Golden Bears fell to Central Oklahoma in the Division II National Championship on Monday.
Fans, parents, faculty and friends lined up in front of Keystone Hall to welcome the Golden Bears home late Monday evening after a lengthy bus ride from Salem, Virginia.
Despite coming up short in the title game, the Golden Bears had a season worth remembering. At one point they lost 13 of 15 games and didn't look like a postseason contender.
But the Golden Bears turned it on late, winning 14 straight games en route to the championship game, capturing their first-ever PSAC Championship and second Atlantic Region title.
Kutztown finishes with a record of 37-22 this season.
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Berks officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Reading planners move forward on subdivision of Fromm Electric
- Wilson WL girls lacrosse tops Exeter to push streak to 13
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal
- Antietam Lake improvements celebrated with ribbon cutting
- Updated 2 women in critical condition after crash near Dorney Park
- Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Updated Berks officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated 2 stores in Cumru robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Rollover crash reported on I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Clouds and some sun with a sprinkle in spots; turning milder this afternoon
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app