KUTZTOWN, Pa. - The Kutztown University softball team will host West Chester in a NCAA Super Regional beginning Friday at 1:00.
It is the second consecutive year that the Golden Bears (32-21) will host the Super Regionals. Kutztown, originally the No. 6 seed in the Atlantic Region, will face West Chester (37-19), the No. 4 seed in the region, at 1 p.m. on Friday, May 17 in the first game of the series. Game two will be on Saturday, May 18 at 1 p.m. and if necessary, game three will follow at approximately 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.
The winner of the best-of-three series will advance to the NCAA National Championships in Salem, Va. beginning on Thursday, May 23. Kutztown is looking to advance to the National Championships for the second straight year after becoming the Atlantic Region Champions for the first time in school history last season.
- Health Beat: 5 ways to protect your eyes from aging
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients