BERKS COUNTY - The Kutztown and Albright football teams played well last week. The Golden Bears and Lions hope that success continues this week.
The Golden Bears (0-4) are preparing to face a talented 3-1 Slippery Rock team at University Field on Saturday.
Kutztown was within an eyelash of upsetting nationally-ranked West Chester on the road last week. Despite the outcome, the Golden Bears are happy that they were competitive.
It's been the trend through the first four weeks for Kutztown as the team searches for its first win under Drew Folmar. They've been close in many games, but they've come up just short. The Golden Bears are hungry for a win and they're confident they'll get one in October.
Albright (2-2) will play its second consecutive road game on Saturday at FDU-Florham. The Lions snapped a two-game losing streak last week with a win at King's.
After a slow start in that game, John Marzka's offense came alive in the second half and showed what it is capable of doing if rolling on all cylinders.
Finding that consistency will be Albright's focus this week as they look to take a 3-2 record into their bye week.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Updated Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying