BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - The Kutztown baseball team and Brandywine Heights softball team are in the county semis. The Cougars knocked off the top-seed to get there. The Bullets get another shot at Daniel Boone.
Behind a no-hitter from Andrew Gernert, Kutztown beat top-seeded Exeter, 4-0, on Thursday. The Cougars got after the Eagles early, scoring all 4 runs in the first few innings. That's something they hope to do against Wilson in the semis.
In the county softball tournament, Brandywine Heights blanked Hamburg, 3-0, on Thursday to earn another shot at Daniel Boone in the semis. The Blazers topped the Bullets in last year's title game. But Brandywine is determined not to let it happen again.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead