At Oley, the Kutztown (1-1, 2-2) softball team broke away late for an 11-2 win over the Lynx (1-1, 3-1).
Taylor Faust paced the Cougars with a 4-5 performance, including two home runs after the fifth inning. She finished with five RBIs on the day.
Oley's Brooke Yerger had a three-hit afternoon.
At FirstEnergy Stadium, Governor Mifflin (1-0, 5-1) and Reading (0-2, 0-4) got things warmed up for the Fightin Phils in a Berks I showdown.
The Mustangs scored the go-ahead run in the top of the seventh thanks to a bases loaded walk from Tommy DePaul and held on for a 9-8 victory over the Red Knights.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival