READING, Pa. - The agency that provides public transportation in Lancaster County has taken control of BARTA.
Officials with Red Rose Transit said they'll oversee public transportation in Berks County for six months.
The head of Red Rose Transit previously served as BARTA's assistant executive.
The move gives BARTA's board of directors some time to decide how they want to move ahead with finding a new leader.
BARTA's longtime executive director, Dennis Louwerse, passed away in September.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome