BOYERTOWN - Boyertown tallied a 1-0 win in 13 innings over Downingtown to advance to the winner's bracket final on Wednesday night at Bear Stadium. Twin Valley could not join them, falling 3-2 to Spring Grove earlier.
Ronnie Mauger drove in the game winner in the 13th for Boyertown.
The Bears outlasted Downingtown's Sean Esch, who pitched 10 shutout innings. Mitch Renninger was very good for Boyertown as well, tossing 8 and 2/3's scoreless innings. Both pitchers combined to allow just 8 hits.
Earlier in the day, Spring Grove topped Twin Valley, 3-2. The Raiders nearly pulled off a rally in the 9th, but could not complete the comeback.
On Thursday, Twin Valley will meet Latrobe in an elimination game at 12:30. Boyertown will take on Spring Grove in the winner's bracket final that night.
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem