The Berks League final between Boyertown and Norchester was suspended on Tuesday night. Muhlenberg and Pine Grove were crowned co-champions.
At Bear Stadium, the host Bears tallied a 16-7 win over West Lawn on Tuesday afternoon to set up at championship showdown with Norchester in the nightcap.
The game reached the 7th inning, with Norchester leading 7-2 when heavy rain halted the contest. The game will be resumed on Wednesday night at 7:00.
At Pine Grove, the host Grovers went 10 scoreless innings with Muhlenberg. Both teams were crowned co-champions. Since both teams had already locked up spots in the Region 2 tournament, the decision does not matter moving forward.
Pitchers Jared McCabe (Pine Grove) and Tyler Sassaman (Muhlenberg) were brilliant all night, dominating for their respective teams.
A hardware store's surveillance cameras showed the dramatic strength of winds packed by a powerful storm that moved through the region over the weekend.Read More »
- Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Reading School District superintendent looking for new job
- Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Plans progress for new Dieffenbach's Potato Chips factory
- Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Berks man at 100: 'I just... go with the flow'
- Updated Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Updated Record-challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Fire tears through Easton home
- Updated Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Record challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Caught on camera: Powerful storm hits hardware store
- Ex-Trump delegate from Pennsylvania to run for US Senate
- Updated Crews called to rollover crash on I-78
- Updated Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Man rear-ends Salisbury Twp. police car on I-78, drives away