READING, Pa. - A Reading man went on trial Monday in a shooting that killed one man and wounded another.
Luis Miguel Navedo shot the two men in the parking lot of the Jet Set restaurant on South 9th Street in Reading on Sept. 3, 2012, police said.
One of the victims, Jose Rivera, 27, was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest; the other victim suffered a wound to his arm.
The shooting, police said, followed a fight that started inside the restaurant.
Navedo fled to Puerto Rico, where he was arrested in January 2013, police said.
A jury will eventually decide whether Navedo is guilty. His attorney, Jay Nigrini, said he expects the trial to last through the week.
- Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities