NEW SCHAEFFERSTOWN - Oley Valley and Tulpehocken split a boys/girls double-header in New Schaefferstown on Thursday night.
The boys squared off in the early game, with the Trojan boys (4-0, 11-1) routing the Lynx (1-3, 3-7) by a 64-35 score.
Tulpy's Robert Ekvall paced the Trojans with 14 points. Kevin Berry added 11 for Tulpehocken, who continues to roll along this season.
Oley's Sebastian Williamson led all scorers with 18 points.
Tulpehocken visits East Lebanon on Saturday. Oley Valley is also in action that day, hosting Blue Mountain.
In the nightcap, the Oley Valley girls (3-0, 7-5) earned a hard-fought 33-28 win over the host Trojans (3-1, 8-4). With the win, Oley claimed first place atop Berks III.
Brandi Vallely led the Lynx with 15 points, who rallied from a halftime deficit.
Brooke Boyer topped all Trojans with 13 points.
Oley Valley hosts Antietam on Monday. Tulpehocken will visit Wyomissing also on Monday.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit In Philadelphia
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Updated Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Updated LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Updated Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire