MAIDENCREEK TWP., Pa. - A Maidencreek Township man is behind bars for allegedly having sex with a teenager on three occasions.
Frans Estima was charged Thursday with a long list of offenses, including involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with a minor, statutory sexual assault and corruption of minors.
Estima, 20, first had sex with the girl at his home in December 2012, when the alleged victim was 13-years-old, authorities said.
They engaged in two additional sexual encounters at the home in April 2013, when the girl was 14-years-old, according to the affidavit of probable cause.
When investigators confronted Estima about the girl's allegations, they said he told them he did not know the girl and denied having sex with her.
Three weeks later, Estima admitted to the allegations, saying he had sex with the girl in December 2012 and April 2013, according to the court documents.
Estima was committed to the Berks County Jail on $50,000 bail. He's due in court for a preliminary hearing on Aug. 19.
- Updated Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire