READING, Pa. - A Reading man who was out on bail has been arrested for allegedly dealing heroin out of two homes in the city.
Detectives with the Berks County district attorney's office apprehended Ronald Nunez early Friday morning, during their search of one of the homes at 924 North Eighth Street.
They also seized:
- A Taurus 9mm semiautomatic firearm (reported stolen by Sunbury police)
- A Colt 357 magnum revolver Lawman Mark III
- A luggage tag from JFK airport to Ronald Nunez
- Five cell phones
- Assorted documents related to Ronald Nunez (insurance, passport, vehicle information, ID, etc.)
- Notebook with records of sales
- Drug paraphernalia associated with packaging and distribution of controlled substances
Detectives also searched 605 North Fifth Street, where they said they found:
- $984 in cash
- 14 rounds of ammunition
- Seven cell phones
- Fictitious Pennsylvania identification card
- Numerous documents related to Nunez
The arrest and raids stem from an investigation in February, when undercover detectives made several purchases of suspected heroin from Nunez, said authorities, adding that each purchase was more than $1,000.
Nunez was charged with delivery of heroin, possession with the intent to deliver heroin, possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, and persons not to possess firearms.
At the time of his arrest Friday morning, Nunez was out on bail from a heroin trafficking arrest in York County in November 2016, authorities said.
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Kingery's 2nd blast propels Fightins to 6th-straight win
- Updated Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Updated Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- Coroner identifies Lehigh County man killed in Allentown police-involved shooting
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- LIVE original lineup to perform at Musikfest this summer
- Rock icons Godsmack to headline Musikfest Aug. 9
- Lehigh County man charged with attempted homicide
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt