READING, Pa. - A Reading man who was out on bail has been arrested for allegedly dealing heroin out of two homes in the city.
Detectives with the Berks County district attorney's office apprehended Ronald Nunez early Friday morning, during their search of one of the homes at 924 North Eighth Street.
They also seized:
- A Taurus 9mm semiautomatic firearm (reported stolen by Sunbury police)
- A Colt 357 magnum revolver Lawman Mark III
- A luggage tag from JFK airport to Ronald Nunez
- Five cell phones
- Assorted documents related to Ronald Nunez (insurance, passport, vehicle information, ID, etc.)
- Notebook with records of sales
- Drug paraphernalia associated with packaging and distribution of controlled substances
Detectives also searched 605 North Fifth Street, where they said they found:
- $984 in cash
- 14 rounds of ammunition
- Seven cell phones
- Fictitious Pennsylvania identification card
- Numerous documents related to Nunez
The arrest and raids stem from an investigation in February, when undercover detectives made several purchases of suspected heroin from Nunez, said authorities, adding that each purchase was more than $1,000.
Nunez was charged with delivery of heroin, possession with the intent to deliver heroin, possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, and persons not to possess firearms.
At the time of his arrest Friday morning, Nunez was out on bail from a heroin trafficking arrest in York County in November 2016, authorities said.
A Berks County man was killed in a crash on Route 501 early Friday morning.Read More »
- Reading businesses prepare for Red Knights watch parties
- Reading High boys receiving huge support from community
- Boyertown girls, clutch in this state tournament, ready for big stage
- Berks congressmen divided on GOP health care bill
- Alvernia University requests approval of tax-exempt financing
- PHOTOS: Tractor trailer fire on Interstate 78
- A touch of freezing rain possible this morning
- Deliberations to resume in Penn State ex-president's trial
- Womelsdorf man killed in crash on Route 501 in Bethel
- Blakeslee woman killed in Hamilton Twp. crash
- Updated Sunrise Chef: The Bayou
- Updated Lehigh Valley Auto Show kicks off day 2
- Updated Preliminary hearing set for Easton man charged in fatal drunk driving crash
- Updated Jerry Sandusky back in court
- Emmaus man allegedly leads police on high-speed motorcycle chase
- Life Lessons: Finances for special needs