OLEY TWP., Pa. - A man accused of shooting his friend to death during an argument last month will stand trial on murder charges.
At a preliminary hearing on Thursday, a district judge determined prosecutors have enough evidence against Robert Pfanders for the charge first degree murder and related offenses.
Pfanders, 25, of Boyertown, Berks Co., allegedly shot and killed his friend, Timothy Reber, outside the home of Reber's girlfriend on Beckers Road in Alsace Township on Feb. 10.
The two men had been arguing about a fight Reber, 31, also of Alsace Township, had with his girlfriend earlier in the evening, police said.
Pfanders, police said, pulled out a .40 caliber handgun and shot Reber, who died at the scene.
Pfanders surrendered to police a few hours later at his home in Boyertown.
In an emergency, you dial 911, expecting first-responders to know exactly what to do.Read More »
- Exeter moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- 2 men sought in pair of armed robberies in Reading
- Kutztown baseball punches ticket to District 3 championship game
- Wilson WL girls make history with semifinal win over Governor Mifflin
- Fightins drop 3rd straight in series opener at Trenton
- Updated Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 87-year-old man dies after car crash in Bath earlier this month
- Updated Variable cloudiness this afternoon with most of the rain staying south and east today and tomorrow
- Updated Commission approves LED lights for 'Trenton Makes' Bridge
- Kelly Services to hold job fair in Allentown, looking to fill 300+ warehouse positions at XPO
- First-hand look at training firefighters go through
- Palmer police looking for 2 men accused of stealing $300 worth of razors from Giant
- Northampton teen leads police on 30-minute chase
- Updated 2 men sought in pair of armed robberies in Reading
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?