READING, Pa. - A Delaware County man was arrested Monday in the sexual assault of a teenager in Berks County more than a decade ago.
Jonathan Scott Buchanan surrendered to detectives with the Berks County district attorney's office in Reading on charges of statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, aggravated assault, and corruption of minors.
The charges are the result of an investigation that began when a woman recently came forward and told investigators that she was twice assaulted by Buchanan in October 2006. She was 15 years old at the time; he was approximately 25, detectives said.
The first incident happened during a church group function in Sinking Spring. The woman told investigators that Buchanan was the "technical guy" assigned to assist with a dress rehearsal at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church on Penn Avenue.
She was helping Buchanan retrieve equipment from the downstairs office area of the church when he sexually assaulted her, according to detectives.
The second incident happened after the rehearsal. Investigators said Buchanan drove the girl in his vehicle to a secluded parking lot and sexually assaulted her again.
Buchanan was freed on $100,000 bail after his arraignment on Monday.
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Updated Man arrested for robbing Allentown Dominoes at gunpoint
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Rainy weather continues this weekend
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Updated Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Updated Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Updated Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting