READING, Pa. - A Delaware County man was arrested Monday in the sexual assault of a teenager in Berks County more than a decade ago.
Jonathan Scott Buchanan surrendered to detectives with the Berks County district attorney's office in Reading on charges of statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, aggravated assault, and corruption of minors.
The charges are the result of an investigation that began when a woman recently came forward and told investigators that she was twice assaulted by Buchanan in October 2006. She was 15 years old at the time; he was approximately 25, detectives said.
The first incident happened during a church group function in Sinking Spring. The woman told investigators that Buchanan was the "technical guy" assigned to assist with a dress rehearsal at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church on Penn Avenue.
She was helping Buchanan retrieve equipment from the downstairs office area of the church when he sexually assaulted her, according to detectives.
The second incident happened after the rehearsal. Investigators said Buchanan drove the girl in his vehicle to a secluded parking lot and sexually assaulted her again.
Buchanan was freed on $100,000 bail after his arraignment on Monday.
- Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Police ID victim of fatal pedestrian accident in Marion
- Womelsdorf man killed in crash on Route 501 in Bethel
- Reading businesses prepare for Red Knights watch parties
- Reading High boys receiving huge support from community
- Boyertown girls, clutch in this state tournament, ready for big stage
- Updated Jury reaches verdict in trial of Penn State ex-president
- Updated Driver killed, another injured in crash in Exeter
- Updated 2 charged in 2013 killing of 16-year-old in Allentown
- Updated Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Updated Prosecutor: Penn State trial jury kept focus on kids
- Updated Health Beat: Operation Walk USA
- Police allege suspect tries to run after officer finds stolen gun
- Woman guilty of kidnapping baby from KOP food court
- Suspect in sex assault case backs out of plea deal
- Air Products announces it will not purchase Yingde Gases Group