WEST READING, Pa. - A Reading man has been arrested in the theft of several automotive-type batteries from the Penn Street Bridge construction site.
A representative for the PennDOT contractor told West Reading police on October 26 that seven batteries were taken from various vehicles and equipment being used to rehabilitate the bridge.
That same morning, surveillance cameras captured video of a man unloading batteries from the rear of his car at Laurel Recycling in Reading, according to court documents.
The suspect was later identified as Kevin W. Hanna, who was arraigned Monday night on charges of theft and receiving stolen property. Hanna, 31, was committed to the Berks County Jail on $5,000 bail.
- Hundreds celebrate St. Patrick's Day aboard the Colebrookdale Railroad
- Reading to hold Craft Time in the Pagoda
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- From restaurants to rails, St. Patrick's Day fun for all
- PSU president meets with community leaders in Reading
- Sunshine followed by clouds Monday, with highs in the mid 40s
- Family, neighbors react to Amy Yu's return to Allentown, Kevin Esterly's arrest
- Local artist commemorates Eagles Championship Parade with unique print
- Woman dies almost one year after being involved in South Whitehall car crash
- Updated Truck driving groups sue over turnpike toll increases
- Updated Life Lessons: Fighting cancer with a warrior attitude
- Updated Tractor-trailer rolls on Route 33 ramp to I-78
- Person on motorized wheelchair hit by car in Easton
- Fire tears through home in Moore Township
- 2 injured in DUI crash in Berks County